Below are a selected list of things I am doing or that I have done.
Since August 2017: Research and Teaching Assistant in Information Science at the HES-SO University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Haute école de gestion de Genève (HEG-GE)
- Helping the Professor René Schneider with his projects, assignments, as well as the training sessions that he gives during further education programmes
- Conducting research, writing reports and creating data models for assigning persistent identifiers in the context of the ICOPAD project
- Coordinating the TICKS project and the uptake of the International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) in Switzerland
- Coordinating the French/German curriculum of the Bachelor of Science in LIS delivered at the HEG-GE
- Submitting and participating in projects related to the sustainability, usability and valorisation of digital data on the Web
- Developing and delivering presentations, seminars, and courses on Information Science, Library services platforms, Web usability, and Linked Data in Libraries to Bachelor and Master students
January 2015 - July 2017: Photo Archivist for the Montreux Jazz Digital Project at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), MetaMedia Center
- Assessing the photography archives and digitizing pictures for the Montreux Jazz Digital Project
- Checking the quality process and adding metadata to them on the Montreux Jazz Festival database
- Conducting research and interviews in order to ensure the authenticity and integrity of the records and the added metadata.
- Transferring data on our servers and on magnetic tapes (LTO) for long-term preservation
- Conducting guided tours for artists, sponsors, and friends during the festival in Claude Nobs’ Chalet in Caux where the original audiovisual records are stored.
- Defining long-term archiving strategies
- Writing a report on Semantic Web technologies
- Collating anecdotes for the Montreux Jazz Heritage Lab II platform designed by EPFL+ECAL Lab
- Taking part in conferences and working group sessions such as iPRES, IIIF and Museomix
August 2016 - October 2016: University Intern at the University of Basel, Digital Humanities Lab
- Doing a survey and writing a report about the criteria for standard digital video formats for long-term preservation (based on the recommendations from IASA, FADGI and Memoriav)
- Conducting video transcoding tests with FFmpeg
- Writing up a conference paper which demonstrate the benefits of elaborating a structure for digital video assets based on the IIIF concepts for the use in archival environments
- Since February 2019: IIIF Technical Review Committee Community Representative
- Since January 2018: IIIF Outreach Community Group Co-Chair
- Since September 2017: IIIF Code of Conduct Team Member
formerly “Bibliothèque Information Suisse” (BIS)
- Since March 2014: Member
Association genevoise des bibliothécaires et professionnels diplômés en information documentaire (AGBD)
- Since May 2018: Member
- Since October 2010: Member
- September 2013 - July 2016: Bar Manager
- September 2010 - August 2013: Bartender
- Since January 2008: Member
- 2018-2020 (expected): Master of Science in Information Science at the HES-SO University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Haute école de gestion de Genève
- 2013-2017: Bachelor of Science in Library and Information Science at the HES-SO University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Haute école de gestion de Genève
- 2010-2011: Professional Business Baccalaureate (“Maturité professionnelle commerciale”) at the Ecole professionnelle artisanale et commerciale (EPAC)
- 2005-2008: Federal Certificate of Vocational Education of Bookseller (“Certificat fédéral de capacité de libraire”) at the Ecole professionnelle commerciale de Lausanne (EPCL)
- March 2018 to February 2019: Towards IIIF-Compliance Knowledge in Switzerland (TICKS)
- June 2017 to December 2018: Identités de confiance pour les données de l’art et du design (ICOPAD)
- RAEMY, Julien Antoine, SCHNEIDER, René. Suggested measures for deploying IIIF in Swiss cultural heritage institutions. White Paper. Geneva, Haute école de gestion de Genève. 29 May 2019. DOI 10.5281/zenodo.2640416
- RAEMY, Julien Antoine. IIIF ou comment enfin valoriser ses images numériques de manière optimale et interopérable. Hors-Texte. 25 April 2018. Vol. 2018, no. 115, p. 22-32.
- RAEMY, Julien Antoine. Interopérabilité des images : de la nécessité des tests d’utilisabilité. Revue électronique suisse de science de l’information. 20 December 2017. Vol. 2017, no. 18.
- RAEMY, Julien Antoine. Retour sur la conférence IIIF (International Image Interoperability Framework), 7-9 juin 2017 au Vatican. Revue électronique suisse de science de l’information. 20 December 2017. Vol. 2017, no. 18.
- RAEMY, Julien Antoine. The International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF): raising awareness of the user benefits for scholarly editions. Bachelor’s thesis. Geneva, Switzerland : Haute école de gestion de Genève, 2017.
- RAEMY, Julien Antoine, FORNARO, Peter and ROSENTHALER, Lukas. Implementing a Video Framework based on IIIF: A Customized Approach from Long-Term Preservation Video Formats to Conversion on Demand. Archiving Conference. 15 May 2017. Vol. 2017, no. 1, p. 68–73. DOI 10.2352/issn.2168-3204.2017.1.0.68.
- RAEMY, Julien Antoine, SCHNEIDER, René. Swiss institutions climbing up the IIIF ladder. 2019 IIIF Conference. Alte Mensa, Georg-August-Universität, Göttingen, Germany. 26 June 2019. DOI 10.5281/zenodo.3238161
- RAEMY, Julien Antoine, SCHNEIDER, René. Assigning persistent identifiers to art and design entities. Fourth Swiss Congress for Art History, Quid pro quo: linked data in art history research. VKKS 2019. Accademia di architettura, Mendrisio, Switzerland. 7 June 2019. DOI 10.5281/zenodo.3241453
- SCHNEIDER, René and RAEMY, Julien Antoine. Towards Trusted Identities for Swiss Researchers and their Data. 14th International Digital Curation Conference (IDCC). Melbourne, Australia. 6 February 2019. DOI 10.5281/zenodo.2415996
- RAEMY, Julien Antoine. The uptake of IIIF in Switzerland and the current state of TICKS: building a IIIF-alignment outreach programme. 2018 IIIF Conference. Library of Congress, Washington D.C. 24 May 2018. DOI 10.5281/zenodo.1252084
- RAEMY, Julien Antoine. The International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF): raising awareness of the user benefits for scholarly editions. Midi-AGBD - Prix romand en bibliothéconomie 2017. Université de Genève, Site Uni Mail. 27 March 2018.
- RAEMY, Julien Antoine. Présentation brève de IIIF et du travail de bachelor. Séminaire en bibliothéconomie. Haute école de gestion de Genève. 9 November 2017.
- Raemy, Julien Antoine. Usability testing conducted on the UV and Mirador, 2017 IIIF Conference. Augustinianum, The Vatican City. 5 June 2017.
- RAEMY, Julien Antoine. De la nécessité de la visualisation face au déluge des données. Recherche d’IdéeS. 21 November 2018.
- November 2017: Prix romand en bibliothéconomie